Summary of Position
The Sales Manager is a IT sales professional is responsible for developing and managing relationships with VARs, Resellers, Solution Providers, MSP’s and other channel hardware and service providers. He/She will have a focus on driving revenue and profit growth through sales of datacenter hardware (server, storage and networking products) and services to our core customer group. He/She is also responsible for focusing on developing customer relationships and working with the product teams and maintenance / services teams to provide solutions to customers within the channel. Specifically, VARS, Resellers, System Integrators, MSP’s and OEMs.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Provides source data for hardware/parts communications by defining hardware/parts marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains hardware/parts market share by working with sales director to develop hardware/parts sales strategies.
- Assesses hardware/parts market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Assesses hardware/parts value on buyback opportunities to maximize sales, revenue and profit margin.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term hardware/parts sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels.
- Determines hardware/parts pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing aging inventory costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Prospect for new customers via cold calls, face-to-face meetings, conferences, and email marketing.
- Develops relationships with prospecting buyers.
- Create specialized inventory lists to send to prospecting buyers.Prospect for new customers via cold calls, face-to-face meetings, conferences, and email marketing.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of individual sales goals.
- Sell to VAR / Resellers, Distributors, Outsourcers, and Manufacturers.
- Provide responsive customer service and resolve client issues quickly and efficiently.
- Present the company value proposition in front of sales organizations via customer visits or conference calls.
- Work with global product teams to source equipment at the best value to the company.
- Work in a team environment and cross-sell product lines and services.
- Coordinates with all business units to assure on time shipments and on time deliveries.
- Prepare various ad hoc reports and presentations for senior management
- Assist with various ad hoc projects in all aspects of company operations
- University or college degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in Data Center Hardware
- Knowledge of any 1 of the data center hardware (Dell EMC, HPE, IBM, SUN, Cisco, NetApp, Brocade) from configuration to parts compatibility
- Some technical knowledge on servers, storage and networking
- B2B sales (selling to partners) and partner management experience preferred
- Experience with enterprise hardware and services solutions
- Experience with both channels and end-users’ organizations
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details
- Aggressive on sales with a hunter attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines
- Good understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements